Thursday, March 23, 2006

Crazy Cub's Ode to the Moon

My mother glows
And lends
Her soft light
To dark nights

White gold
Silver
Precious platinum
Jewels
Her daughters
Sparkle
In moonlit waters

My mother flows
Like time
Dreams
And tides
She comes
And goes

Magic
Mystery
Her domain
Her movements mystic
Her grace unstrained

My mother knows
Pleasure
Pain
Ecstatic throes

When her force is unrestrained
Minds and hearts are set aflame
The heights of passion are achieved
Lives are taken
Lives conceived

My mother shows
Beauty
Strength
Wisdom
Wealth

While unseen
Her presence felt
Reveals to me
The depths of self

1 Comments:

Blogger Yes said...

I admire your subtle and elegant use of rhyme, in general but especially in this poem. It takes a lot of nerve to let the form of the poem flow sensually from the meaning, and you have done it!
Thanks for sharing it.
(about the deleted comment on "Green Lady": I posted this one there by mistake so I took it out and put it here--it's one of those nights)

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home